Friday, May 24, 2013

Essence

On my path to Mystery
I have found but one city
Where the peaceful night idly
Glows with liberty brightly.

When the nightly soul concurs
With the rhythm of the birds
Chanting wildly what occurs
‘hind the thoughts of all our words.

I partake in the conquest
Of destruction of nonsense
Which blinds victims from progress
In its pitiful darkness.

Future yells its hopeful slurs
While Past insolubly deters
With the resignation of the herds
And the desperation of an absurd
Mind-clogging fear of imagination –
Binding chain of the spirit’s stagnation
Leading to the dark chamber’of temptation
Where the only exit is damnation.

What destruction may follow
In the shallow sorrow of morrow
Is powerless in the hollow
Interior of the Truth’s arrows

And as I lie inside it Now
And prepare my sinless vow,
One can see under my furrowed brow
A reflection of the Present’s wow.