Wednesday, October 1, 2014

One Foot in the Rabbit Hole



















"Mmm... Don't fall for me!"

But it was already Fall.
I was counting the leaves to check the time.
It was half past Eternity.
And we were in the Garden of Eden.
God forgot to kick us out.
We just hid in a bush.
Lucky for us He likes surprises...
I catch a shimmer in your eye and put it in my pocket. I heard it's good luck, plus it keeps me warm when you're not around.
"We're nuts, aren't we?"
Your eyes look careful, but behind them lies not a care in the world.
"Well yeah... I mean, we're not exactly supposed to be here."
A soft breeze finds its way onto our cheeks while we kiss, in an attempt to paint our souls to immortalise the moment.
Wind is Time's paintbrush, and we're its canvas.
The dance of the paintbrush tickles us both into an almost torturous laugh.
All it's doing is adding layers of colour to our souls, gently smoothing out the rough edges from some long forgotten past.
"You cold?"
I take out a few more shimmers from your eyes and sprinkle them around us. They just lay there, floating around our bodies, warming us up.
Slowly lifting us...
To a new sky.